PURPOSE: Work in conjunction with the Board of Christian Life to provide Leadership for the Teaching Staff of the Church School.
- Be an advocate for Christian Education.
- Recruit teachers based on the CLB guidelines and offer support to teachers.
- Arrive early for every session to be sure teachers, supplies and equipment are ready.
- Work with the Christian Life Board and other church committees/boards to evaluate programs and develop new ways of carrying out tasks.
- Meet new students, assign them to the right classes and be available for class/teacher support
- Keep accurate records (registration, attendance, expenses, and supplies).
- Coordinate a group of substitute and assistant teachers.
- Plan and preside at teacher meetings.
- Attend the monthly Christian Life Board meeting.
- Prepare a monthly calendar (teacher schedule and special events).
- Keep informed about what is happening in the church school and informing the congregation
- Involve the church school in the total life of the church.
- Insure that the Church school operates under the safe church guidelines.